Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramp's shop[_2_] Gramp's shop[_2_] is offline

Default buying used table saw

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:54:14 PM UTC-5, Zz Yzx wrote:
I'm considering buying a used cabinet TS off Craig's List or whatever.

Aside from the obvious:

Overall condition, fit and finish

Table flatness and condition

Cranks, pulleys, &tc., smooth tilt and blade adjustment

motor and wiring

arbor run-out

bearings

What else should I look for?

Thanks a heap,

-Zz

I'd start with thinking about what saw I'd want if I were buying new, then look for that model in the pre-owned market. In addition to CL, you might want to watch IRS auctions in the event there is one close to you. They seem to specialize in surplus woodworking equipment.