Tom

Default Nebie needs veneering advice

Todd wrote:Greetings, I need to glue raw veneer sheets 18" x 36" onto 3/4
MDF. I've
never done this before and want to know which is the best method. I've read
everything from using contact cement (think I want to avoid this one) to PVA
and light wood glue. Do I lay the veneer down and roll it out from the
center with a roller or what? I'm thinking once I get it glued down flat, I
can lay another piece of MDF on it and stack a lot of weight on it, since I
have no type of press. Will this work?

Thanks in advance

Todd L --- rookie woodworker

With no press, you could go with wood glue, cauls and some clamps. But the
contact cement won't need any clamping. Just a good rolling-out after careful
adhering. There's a neat trick to avoiding the air pockets that might occur.
Wanna learn it? Why avoid Contact cement? Fire hazard? Odor? There's a low VOC
water-based adhesive out there, if that helps. Tom
Someday, it'll all be over....