Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fuel cans

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:01:50 -0400, "benick" wrote:

"gregz" wrote in message
Doing a little cleaning out garage. Took all fuel cans outside. Looked at
bottoms of old metal kerosene dans, decided to put some rust converter on.
I was filling up various polyethylene cans, with oil and or fuel
stabilizers, cleaners. Added cap ffull of alcohol to kerosene.

Putting cans back in garage. Then I noticed full can of kerosene leaking
on
bottom.
Wiped up mess, then started transferring into almost empty kerosene tank.
To day I start filling polyethylene blue container with kerosene.

I just got this container about two years ago. O ring fall out, broken,
two
other parts, and darn if I can get anything out of the spout. My
intentions
are to buy two water containers for my kerosene. I can't deal with these
new no spill cans, i can't even get anything out. I use a pump to get
kerosene anyway.

The other thing, I'm going to keep all fuels out of garage.

Greg

Ahh , those damn new fuel cans...I spill more with those than I ever did
with the old cans....They are a curse on us much like the new light
bulbs..Brought to you by the moonbats and environuts...At some point there
will be black market aternatives if not already...Gotta look into
that...LOL...

I wonder if there are *very* different designs. I rather like the last couple
of gas "cans", I've bought. I don't spill with either and they're far more
"secure" than the can's I've had in the past.