Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default flat screen deposits

Cydrome Leader wrote:
Klaatu wrote:
"gregz" wrote in message
Was stalking a stink bug on tv, then noticed the back of the set. Got
spots
around the plastic, as if bugs left muddy looking patches, or something
growing. I don't think the the bugs did it, and I don't have moisture
problems. Can't figure. ??

Greg

Back in the day many moons ago, when crt sets like this came into the shop
showing "spots", we put them in plastic garbage bags, then sprayed bug
killer in and let them sit for a couple days. They were usually full of
dead cockroaches when the back was removed.

I prefered knock off blu-shower on roaches. You could tell by looking a
customer if you had to lay out newspaper on the bench before opening stuff
up.

They stopped accepting cable decoder box returns at the HQ of a cable
company here as it lit up the office. They put the boxes under a tarp and
roach bombed them over at the warehouse or something like that.

Anyways, that stuff doesn't look like cockroach poop at all. It looks like
the crud you get when moving ceiling tiles around, but that would not make
splotches or coat the back of a TV set.

I had another smaller visio in same position, no spots. Current is coby.

Greg