Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Etching a concrete Garage

On 10/15/2012 9:30 PM, jb wrote:
I will be etching with muriatic acid dilution my new concrete garage
floor prior to epoxy application.
How long after etching can I wait until I epoxy the floor. Assuming I
keep it clean.Does etching have a life expectancy after which I will
have to etch again. The problme I have is that it mat take weeks before
I have the time to epoxy after etching. thanks for your advice

I etched my basement floor over 35 years ago before I painted it and
have done nothing since except minor touch-ups. I painted the next day
after etching but that was with water based paint and I don't know if
surface should be drier for epoxy.

One thing I recall was using a sponge mop for the etching and it
disintegrated as it was probably polyurethane.