Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default OT neighbor

Dan Espen wrote:
"Jan Taylor" writes:

Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several
years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the
evenings.

I have a "what would you do" question.

My neighbor has large trees, which overhang our property. During this past
wind storm, several large limbs ended up on my property. I asked him if he
could remove them, so I could cut the lawn. He called me every name in the
book, and told me it's my problem.

I suppose I could hire someone to remove them, but only having a fixed
income, and Arty didn't have life insurance, sure puts a bind on things
around here. I'd move them myself, but at 73, I'm afraid I don't have the
strength to, as it already takes me several days to cut the grass on a city
lot.

What would you do?

Your homeowners insurance covers it.
They'll pay to bring professionals on-site and remove the branches correctly.

Forget about the advice about churches and teenagers.
Don't let non-professionals do work on your property, you could end up
with bigger problems.

I've advised my wife that if I pass unexpectedly to number 1, sell the
house and move into some place where someone else worries about issues
like this.

I don't know why you are in a private house, but I think it's a bad idea.

My homeowners only covers damage to house.

Greg