Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT neighbor

On 10/15/2012 10:41 AM, Jan Taylor wrote:
Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several
years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the
evenings.

I have a "what would you do" question.

My neighbor has large trees, which overhang our property. During this past
wind storm, several large limbs ended up on my property. I asked him if he
could remove them, so I could cut the lawn. He called me every name in the
book, and told me it's my problem.

I suppose I could hire someone to remove them, but only having a fixed
income, and Arty didn't have life insurance, sure puts a bind on things
around here. I'd move them myself, but at 73, I'm afraid I don't have the
strength to, as it already takes me several days to cut the grass on a city
lot.

What would you do?

Thank you.

OK you guys, lets find out where the nice lady lives and someone here
may be in the same town. If she lived around here, it wouldn't be a
problem for me to make a phone call or two and me and my friends would
get rid of the limbs tomorrow. Jan what city do you live in? If you were
in the Birmingham area, I can guarantee the limbs would be gone in no
time. Me and my friends are disabled, we're not rich but we help our
neighbors no matter how far away they live. When my friend RB, a Vietnam
vet died of cancer, me and his other friends adopted his elderly mother
and took care of her home repairs until she passed a few years ago.
There are good people everywhere who are willing to help out those in
need. Jan, you don't have to post your address but there could be
someone here who lives in the same city and if they're a righteous human
being they will get in touch with you and help you out. ^_^

TDD