Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default fuel cans

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
You criticize me for suggesting to give a tree owner back his own wood, and
then propose violation of international law, smuggling across national
borders? Pot, kettle......

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Anybody know if the old style cans can be purchased in Canada?

I'll be heading up north in a few weeks and might just pick up a few
(for my own use, of course) if they haven't converted yet.

Quit back peddling. You were wrong to suggest that the OP get some
teenagers to throw the wood over the fence. Don't try to convince me that
you were being in a "giving mood".

Care to point out where in my post I propose smuggling anything?

I asked if they were available for sale in Canada. I also specifically said
that I *might* pick up a few of them for my own use which implies I had no
intention of breaking any laws by bringing them back for sale in this
country.

"I might" means I'll do it if, one, if they're available, and two, it's
legal to bring them into the states for personal use. With the fairly
simple way to fix the US models available via YouTube, do you really think
I'm going to risk arrest or whatever punishment would result if I tried to
smuggle a couple of gas cans into the US? Gimme a break...the risk-reward
ratio just doesn't make it worth the effort.

How's this for proof that I don't plan to "smuggle" anything? Last summer I
declared that I had a bunch of fruit, including 2 mangos, that my wife
bought at a farm market. Turns out mangos aren't grown in Canada and
therefore not allowed into the US. That little declaration caused us to be
delayed for 30 minutes as they did a cursory inspection of my vehicle for
other contraband.

I, unlike you, was not suggesting anything illegal.