Posted to alt.home.repair
Tomsic[_2_] Tomsic[_2_] is offline

Default working with pure acetone in the home

wrote in message
news
On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 23:25:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 17:50:29 -0400, "Tomsic" wrote:

Do you have a bathroom with a tub and exhaust fan? If so, clean the
tubing
in the tub (acetone won't hurt the porcelain finish), rinse the tub when
finished and let the fan deal with the fumes.

Tomsic

So you suggest he draw the flammable fumes over the electric motor?
The motor has no brushes and produces no source of ignition.

While I don't think using acetone in the home is a good idea in any enclosed
space due to health considerations and the potential fire hazard, the OP
doesn't seem to want to put a stop to it. So, it seems to me that the
bathroom is the safest space, the tub makes the stuff easy to wash away and
the fan deals with the fumes. I doubt that the fumes will be concentrated
enough to be flammable if the fan is already running when the acetone
container is first opened. But, I share your concern, along with others,
that this isn't the kind of thing to be doing in a home.

Tomsic