Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default time to buy a lathe

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:21:00 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

I'm in need of upgrading my big lathe...

"The Kid" volunteered to take the old one, so at least I have room.

I used a leblond servo shift many years ago and loved it. here's a
leblond- regal
http://tinyurl.com/9tls68g

"The Kid" thinks a Clausing would be way better
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271079709597

I'll go look at lathes this week, may find a few more. I'm only buying
in the MN area because I can look at it and pick it up, no truck
expense. Anybody have comments or comparisons on these two lathe
models? Any special problems to look for?

Karl

Hey Karl,

Too bad about the "close to home" requirement. There's a 24" (I
think) Dean-Smith & Grace at an aero-repair facility in Montreal.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.