Posted to alt.home.repair
NotMe NotMe is offline

Default OT neighbor

"Jan Taylor" wrote in message
Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several
years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the
evenings.

I have a "what would you do" question.

My neighbor has large trees, which overhang our property. During this past
wind storm, several large limbs ended up on my property. I asked him if he
could remove them, so I could cut the lawn. He called me every name in the
book, and told me it's my problem.

I suppose I could hire someone to remove them, but only having a fixed
income, and Arty didn't have life insurance, sure puts a bind on things
around here. I'd move them myself, but at 73, I'm afraid I don't have the
strength to, as it already takes me several days to cut the grass on a
city
lot.

What would you do?

Thank you.

Might mention which state you reside. Some states (Texas here) you dial 211
from any phone and you reach a clearing house for assistance.

That said call the local office of your congress critter and ask to speak
with the congress critters 'constituent liaison' person. Even if they can't
help directly (very likely) that *do* know everyone in the area that is in a
position to help.

Then there is Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army, the local Council for
the Boy Scouts, Fire Department especially if it's a volunteer group various
senior groups.

Last check with your home owners insurance company. In some states it's
legally the responsibility of the owner of the tree to make things right.
Even if not the case the insurance company should be in an excellent
position
to give you some advice.