Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default OT neighbor

Jan Taylor wrote:
Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several
years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the
evenings.

I have a "what would you do" question.

My neighbor has large trees, which overhang our property. During this
past wind storm, several large limbs ended up on my property. I asked
him if he could remove them, so I could cut the lawn. He called me
every name in the book, and told me it's my problem.

I suppose I could hire someone to remove them, but only having a fixed
income, and Arty didn't have life insurance, sure puts a bind on
things around here. I'd move them myself, but at 73, I'm afraid I
don't have the strength to, as it already takes me several days to
cut the grass on a city lot.

What would you do?

I rather liked the Morman's suggestion of asking teenagers at the corner
store. They'd work cheaply enough but you said "large" limbs. We all have
our own definition of "large" but I'm guessing that they need chain sawing
and that you don't have a chain saw. Even if you did I wouldn't suggest
turning teenagers loose with one.

Even though you don't get out much, you probably do so at times...doctors,
beauty parlor, etc. Try asking everyone you come in contact with if they
know someone who could/would do it reasonably. With luck, you'll find a
willing volunteer.

Good luck.

--

dadiOH

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net