Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Do bags, open containers of mortar/concrete/plaster go bad?

Existential Angst wrote:
Assuming they are still dry, of course. A local home center guy said
yes, prolonged exposure to air renders it unusable.
How old is old? How to test? My own little spot tests (small
mounds on a board) are really crumbly, but I haven't compared it to
fresh stuff yet.

Yes, they go bad. You can tell because the bag gets hard

If there are large (lemon - orange size) hard lumps in the bag, dump it. If
the lumps are small (pea - bean) and the rest is still powder, use it being
sure to crush the lumps.

Around (central Florida) here an unopened bag is bad in a year or so. I
keep both opened and unopened bags in a garbage bag tied shut and even an
opened bag is good for a year.

--

dadiOH

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net