Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default I didn't need the 4" Hole Saw after all

DerbyDad03 wrote:
Some of you may remember my post about looking for an alternative to
a 4" hole saw for an exhaust vent. One of the main concerns was
trying to cut the hole on a slanted soffit while standing on a ladder.

Well, I'm back to tell you that we found an alternative.

My Harbor Freight Multifunction tool came to the rescue, and the fact
that we were able to do most of the work from the bathroom window
really helped a lot.

As can be seen from the following pictures, we first cut the aluminum
from the soffit, secured it to the wood and then cut the wood. After
that we fed the vinyl exhaust hose down through the soffit, with me
on the ladder and my son pushing it down from the attic. Finally, we
attached the hose to the vent with a hose clamp, put a bead of caulk
around the flange, and secured the vent to the soffit.

We cut the hole big enough for me to get my arm into the the soffit
to pull the hose down, but left enough material in corners to secure
the vent flange.

The multifunction tool comes through again!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...0182735166.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...0182796083.jpg

Cool. But you've got the blade on upside down.