Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven L.[_2_] Steven L.[_2_] is offline

Default Photos was: Replacing damaged kitchen cabinet doors

On 10/13/2012 11:21 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:04:59 -0400, "Steven L."
wrote:

The two kitchen cabinet doors under the sink have become quite damaged
from water over the years, probably beyond easy repair.

Are there any companies or contractors who could replace them with a
similar finish? Since all the other kitchen cabinets and their doors
and drawers are in good shape, I would hate to replace all the cabinets
just because two doors are damaged.

I live in northern Massachusetts.

Lot of "ifs" in a situation like this. If you know the builder of the
house you may be able to find out if he used a particular brand of
cabinet. If you live in a subdivision with all kitchens the same, you
may get lucky and find someone updating and getting rid of their
cabinets that are identical to yours.

The cabinets were made by a company called Cardell Cabinetry. I tried
to contact their sales rep, but it turns out he just departed on a
business trip to Europe and won't be back for a number of weeks.

Here is a photo of the relatively undamaged upper cabinets:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2eocl78.jpg

And here is a photo of the lower right damaged cabinet door:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/34nl4bd.jpg

--
Steven L.