Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Stupid pointless CFLs

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
wrote:

So you didnt use enough wattage, and theyre all bad because of that. I'm
totally convinced.

You need to learn to read dumbass.

I said the room was adequately lit with 100W of incandescent tungsten
lighting (4x25).

The 14W CFLs, largest wattage available in that package, were supposed
to be "equivalent" to 40W tungsten. They weren't they were equivalent to
12W tungsten at best. The 3W LED is at least as bright as the 25W
tungsten. It's an excellent bulb and also uses less electricity than the
CFL, which is ****. In all cases there are four (4) bulbs.

you obviously had some very bad CFLs. I find that those made by Megaman
are good. 4w 'golfballs' give out as much light as 25w tungsten - when in
a globe shade it is difficult to tell the difference. their 7w display
lamps are also good. On the other hand I loathed the Powerlink 7w "candle"
type that I had in the ceiling fittings here. They were supposed to repalce
40w tungsten and didn't. I now use 28w halogen.

LEDs are fine for spotlights (if you can afford them), not sure about them
for 'all round' illumination, though.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18