Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Endeavor

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 13:55:09 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 10/14/2012 11:43 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:10:24 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 10/14/2012 2:33 AM, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1540119 20121014 042620 Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

I think she was born in the 70's, I recall when she started with CH2 as
the fumbling stumbling new kid back in the mid 90's. And I recall her
still infamous quote, "The airplane skidded into a crash."

What's wrong with that? Surely you can skid without crashing?

There was no crash to slid into. She used "crash" as an object rather
than an action.

She DE-gerunded it? How crass!

Don't get me started on "over turned vehicle". Is over turning the same
thing as over steering??? Your turn a vehicle, can you under turn a
vehicle?

No, you steer a vehicle, and have understeer and oversteer.
You overturn (aka: FLIP) Beemers, Exploders, and other SUVs.

So you would be clueless if I mentioned that there was a wreck where a
vehicle turned over?

The engine turns over each times it is started, sir. Learn your
terminology, will ya?

Over turned... over is used ad an adverb. Turned over, over is the
location. I am not buying it.

I agree. "Went tits-up." is much more definitive, but just _try_ to
get a nun to teach that to her class. I dare you.

--
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives
the test first, the lesson afterwards.