Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default O/T: Endeavor

On 10/14/2012 11:43 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:10:24 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 10/14/2012 2:33 AM, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1540119 20121014 042620 Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

I think she was born in the 70's, I recall when she started with CH2 as
the fumbling stumbling new kid back in the mid 90's. And I recall her
still infamous quote, "The airplane skidded into a crash."

What's wrong with that? Surely you can skid without crashing?

There was no crash to slid into. She used "crash" as an object rather
than an action.

She DE-gerunded it? How crass!

Don't get me started on "over turned vehicle". Is over turning the same
thing as over steering??? Your turn a vehicle, can you under turn a
vehicle?

No, you steer a vehicle, and have understeer and oversteer.
You overturn (aka: FLIP) Beemers, Exploders, and other SUVs.

So you would be clueless if I mentioned that there was a wreck where a
vehicle turned over?

Over turned... over is used ad an adverb. Turned over, over is the
location. I am not buying it.