Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Sliding glass doors

wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:13:09 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

wrote:

With most sliding doors the panels, sliding or fixed, are removed by
lifting them up and swinging the bottom out. My door, which is wood on
the inside, has a molding strip across the interior of the frame that,
once removed, allows the tops of the panels to be tilted into the room
and then lifted out of the track. There is no room above the panels to
lift them while they are in the track.

I think that the design of my door is more secure because you need to
remove 8 screws from inside the house in order to remove either panel.
There's no way to lift it from the outside and swing the bottom in.

Sounds like an Andersen...

Crest line