Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Saturday AM maintenance ...

dpb wrote:
On 10/13/2012 7:03 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

The reason I asked the previous question (about being on solid metal
and not filling a hole), is I'm wondering if capilary action may be
drawing moisture from inside the tank to that area of your work when
you apply the heat.

Don't think so (on the latter) -- it's a small tank that is open to
air and hasn't had anything in it for a month.

As for A), yes, I bridged the hole areas w/ a piece of strap ground to
match tank curvature pretty closely.

I'm sure you're quite capable at this, but it's also an unusual problem.
Any chance that "pretty closely" is contributing to your problems? Do you
have a good tight fit of the patch to the tank surface where you are
brazing? I know that you should be able to fill with braze, but I'm sorta
stretching my brain on this one. That makes my head hurt ya know...

--

-Mike-