Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Bridgeport Interact 1 Heidehain Controls

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 15:34:05 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

That's kinda where I was with it. Since it seems to be functional he wants
what is a "fair" price for a functional CNC mill, but its more than I want
to pay for another retrofit project.

I had not considered the convenience of getting another machine (when it
comes around) with the same Kwik Switch 200 spindle. I do like the way
tools snap in so easily with it. I have looked at a couple other Hurco
mills, but have held off until I finish this one. Its getting close. Maybe
by the end of the year.

There are many many "kwik Switch" spindle adapters out there.

Most machines use an adapter, rather than having a spindle nose
dedicated to kwik switch tooling

A lot of folks dont realize that their spindle really is a 30 or 40
taper..with an adapter stuck in it.

Gunner

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered
by an occasional assassination." --Voltaire