Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Have you had to replace your fuel pump?

On 10/13/2012 7:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 23:17:19 -0400, "
wrote:

I'll never have remote start again. Bad idea, once the car gets older and the
battery weaker.

Never ha d a problem. Won't have a car without it. Very nice feature
on a cold morning. I put the seat heater on when I park the car at
night so it is comfy in five minutes or so.

Exactly. The other goodness is that if the car is outside and the
windshield is covered with a layer of ice it will be either gone or
almost gone by the time you get in the car. Sure beats fussing with an
ice scraper for 10 minutes. One car we have even has a programmable
start on low temp feature.

And the bad idea because the battery gets weaker on an older car makes
no logical sense. The remote starter does the same thing as if you were
in the car and started it. If the battery isn't sufficient to use with a
remote starter it won't be magically better if you are sitting in the
car and engage the starter.