Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Book: "Furniture Treasure", Wallace Nutting, 1928

Bill wrote:

I checked this out from the library, and have just started it. It's
mostly a book of pictures. In fact, it has 3 volumes; I just checked out
the first one. I can't see how any woodworker wouldn't enjoy it. It's
not difficult to learn more about the book, if one is curious.

Bill

I agree 100%, Bill! So much so I've decided to provide the group all 3
volumes, FOR FREE! Think of it as an early Christmas present. )

Oh yea, it's actually 'Furniture Treasury' (not treasure).

Volumes 1 and 2:
http://uploading.com/files/cd5e82b1/...ury.V1%262.pdf

Furniture Treasury (Mostly Of American Origin), two
volumes in one, unabridged. All Periods of American
Furniture with Some Foreign Examples in America Also
American Hardware and Household Utensils (Five Thousand
Illustrations with Descriptions on the Same Page)

Volume 3:
http://uploading.com/files/976db3mf/...easury.V3.pdf/

This beautiful book has 548 pages that are filled with
1000 illustrations, including sketches with dimensions,
of various period furniture and includes many
comparisons of details such as different furniture
feet, various clock hands, different types of spindles,
etc. It has sections on different types of furniture,
collecting, labels, reproductions, beds, finishes,
prices, manufacture, woods, and much more. It also has
a section on clockmakers, a furniture index, and an
appendix for crude homemade furniture.

Enjoy!