Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default OT; Jimmy Saville

You have totally missed the point. I was merely using that as an example
of something that would have been utterly taboo to be overt about in
the 60's (it was as illegal - probably more illegal - than screwing
jailbait is today) and is now totally acceptable. Turing nearly went to
jail for being tossed off by another bloke.

Complete nonsense. Homosexuality was accepted in the entertainment
industry long before it became legal. Turing was jailed for doing
something which is still illegal today.

What was that? Wikipedia has him being done for gross indecency, but the
act under which he was charged has been repealed, and I'm struggling to
think of the actions he might have done which are still illegal.