Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default OT; Jimmy Saville

michael adams wrote:
"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

[Snip]

The line between 'I went into his dressing room of my own will' and 'I
didn't want to have sex with him' is a very very hard one to prove. Why
else would they go INTO his dressing room? That's what a defence council
would say.

to get his autograph. perfectly innocent.

Indeed. I very much doubt if any ordinary member of the public,
of whatever age, ever went into any BBC dressing room in the
expectation of a shag.

Blimey. What planet do you come from?

The planet where ordinary people live.

No normal person would go into a BBC dressing room in the expectation
of a shag, if for no other reason that as far as they knew there would be
an ever present possibility of interruption. And so it wouldn't even
figure in their minds.

I don't actually know whether its common practice to lock BBC dressing rooms
doors from the inside, or what would be the purpose of doing so, and neither
would I imagine, do most people.

Apparently Savile had to make use of a "special curtained alcove", which
presumably
meant he couldn't lock his dressing room either.

Or perhaps you know different, and have evidence that this was also known to the
general
public ?

michael adams

michael adams

From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead
are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of
society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods
and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of
producers.