Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default 10" TS blades

On 10/12/12 8:07 AM, Swingman wrote:
When those glue line rips first came out I did seem to have some
success. With my saw stop I have that fence dialed in with just a few
thou lean out on and I still get teeth marks on my rips with that
blade or any thin kerf actually.

Although I do own one special purpose thin kerf, as a general rule I
don't use thin kerf blades ... the Freud blade I was referring to is
1/8" kerf, Glue-Line-Rip.

I have the same blade, the LM74R010. They do make a thin kerf version,
LM75R010, but with the thinner plate, I would not want to use it and I
really doubt it would yield the same results no matter how perfect the
table saw was set up.

I have noticed that you can still get burn marks on the fence side of
the cut with the full kerf blade if you stall the feed rate anywhere in
the cut. I think that's probably just the nature of the beast, however.
I try to make sure I can get an uninterrupted feed for anything on which
I need a "finished" surface.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)