Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Sliding glass doors

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 22:34:07 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

I have a 6 foot sliding glass door assembly as one of the entries into my hobby area. I need to bring in some bigger equipment and am wanting to know if the fixed glass part of the assembly (3 feet fixed, 3 feet sliding) is at all removable. I know the slider can be removed by lifting it up and swinging it away from its lower track. Is there any way to remove the fixed pane?

All answers appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary

I took out the sliding part once. Double glass. No ore than 3 feet
wide. . It was really heavy, far more than I expected. I wished I'd
had a helper, and was glad the bottom didnt' slide away from me when I
rested it on the floor for a few moments, or if I slipped a little. .
If I did it again, I'd have a helper, and I'd know exactly where I was
going to rest it, and have a clear path to that spot, and something
ready already to keep the bottom from sliding out or the top from
tipping over.