Posted to alt.cellular.motorola,alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless

Default Motorola H700 bluetooth earpiece dissassembly instructions (Jeff L?)

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 21:07:41 +0000 (UTC), William Beckley
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 09:19:52 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

What exact model do you have and I'll see if
I can tear it apart.

It's the Motorola H700. I think it's the first one they made.

Here is a picture of two of my broken Motorola H700 earpieces:

Mine looks exactly like the silver one in the photo.

From reading the text DIYs, it's confusing whether there
are 3 screws or not; and whether to pry off the clamshell
or to pry out the mini-usb connector first.

No screws. Here's how I got mine apart.
1. Find a sharp screwdriver and pry ANYWHERE under the black plastic
decorative cover. The chrome button will just fall out.
2. One the microphone end of the device, you'll see 4 slots. They're
the only 4 slots so you can't miss them. To the left and right of the
four slots is a tiny air gap between the two halves of the clamshell.
Insert a screwdriver into each slot and pry the clamshell halves
apart. Do not try to separate the halves yet.
3. The tiny disk shaped rubber contact thing will fall out, land on
the floor, and you will spend 10 minutes trying to find it.
4. The clamshell halves will NOT easily separate. One end is hung up
on the USB connector. Pry on where they seem to be stuck together and
it will eventually release.
5. The rest should be easy and obvious. The two chrome buttons will
try to fall out.

I'm not sure though HOW you test battery voltage without opening
it up.

You have to open it up.

No photos tonite. I'm dead tired.

--