Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Gotta hand it to the tories.

On Oct 12, 12:56*am, wrote:
Nick Odell wrote:
jgh wrote:
Oh Noes! So I've got to throw away all that jam I made last month?
http://pics.mdfs.net/2012/09/120904.htm

Looks good!
The sugar is the most expensive ingredient

Over the years I've experimented with reducing the suger in
my jam. This jam is 5/8 brambles, 2/8 apples, 1/8 sugar which,
so far, is the lowest sugar content I've tried, but it tastes
ok. With this year's rain the brambles were so ripe and sweet
I think I could have reduced it even further.

The jars sat in and were filled with steaming hot water
before filling, and the vacuum formed has sealed the lids so
well I can't undo them by hand!

JGH

You might think about using the freezer more. We freeze all our
surplus garden produce. Fruit and veg.