Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How do you attach a 3-jaw chuck to a mill's table?

"Stanley Schaefer" wrote in message
I use lathe chucks on a rotary table, table has a large hole in the
center extending past the T-slots. I just made a replica spindle
nose, slotted the bottom for a bar that fits the T-slot and use a bolt
through the center of the spindle nose clone to clamp the bar to the
table. I can spin any chuck I want onto the table, with or without
workpiece from lathe operations.
Stan

I have a BS-0 dividing head that doesn't yet have a chuck fitted:
http://www.taiwantrade.com.tw/resour...00004996_L.jpg

The spindle thread is 1-1/2 - 8.

How careful do you have to be of the cutting force direction to keep
the chuck from unscrewing?

jsw