Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default 10" TS blades

On 10/11/2012 2:29 PM, Wilfred Xavier Pickles wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:51:29 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

If you keep this up one day you will buy a Forrest. With it be sooner
or later?

Much later. Would first require a new and better TS. And I'm now too
old/decrepit to lug/setup. So, much, Much, MUCH later. :-)

Will

Seriously I put a new Forrest "REGULAR KERF 40 tooth WWII on my saw
just under 2 years ago, the job paid for it. Since I have mounted that
blade I have built over 100 drawers, 40+ MDF kitchen door and drawer
blanks, several components to that kitchen re-do, A Murphy bed with
matching tower cabinets on both sides, a queen side bed with drawers
underneath, a quilters cutting table, an 8'x8' wall pantry, a corner
curio cabinet, three double cabinet book cases, an additional full wall
of book cases, and a bedroom TV chest with drawers and 7 or 8 picture
frames. The blade is still cutting quite well without having been
sharpened yet.

I know you feel you need a better saw for this blade but you really do
not. Prior to buying a cabinet saw 13 or so years ago I used a good
quality Systematic regular kerf blade on my 1hp Craftsman TS. It cut
better than any think kerf blade I had used.

A Forrest could be the last blade you ever buy, maybe. ;~) I keep 2
Forrest blades on hand. When one goes to Forrest for resharpening I
mount the other for the next 3~4 years of use. You will save money on
the long run and never be able to blame the blade for poor results.