Scott Lurndal

Default Unisaw question

"Mark L." writes:
Ok Uni-users, here's a real dumb question. I bought a UHMW insert to
make a ZCI and it should be one of the easiest things to do. Right??
But when the blade is all the way down, it is only app 1/8 below the
table saw deck. The insert rocks on top of the blade, which won't let
me clamp it to the saw top. I have a 7 1/4" blade, but it's a narrow
kerf. Besides using a smaller dia blade to make room for the 10" blade,
how do you make your ZCI? TIA, Mark L.

For a ZCI only the top of the slot need be the width of the blade. You can
hollow out the bottom however you like (switch blades, use a dado blade,
use a router, use a chisel). A stanley #271 may work well.

scott