Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Gotta hand it to the tories.

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
"tim....." wrote:

IMHO MPs should not be allowed with creaming the system to their own
advantage and as we know that some (most) can't be trusted to "do the
right thing" we need a system that stops them.

Could you explain what you mean by "creaming the system"? If you mean,
f'rinstance, that you disagree that they be allowed to claim for train
tickets to/from their constituency and London, you'll have to explain why
they should pay for them, any more than I would be expected to pay for
travel when I used to go Cambridge - London to meet our suppliers.

Of course they can claim genuine travel expenses [1].

But even if we allow second homes they should never have been allowed to
claim for improvements to those houses, nor should they be allowed to claim
their "supermarket" shopping as their "away from main home" meal as this
isn't costing them any more then they would have paid if there were at home.

tim

[1] As actually incurred, none of this claim the 1st class fare and travel
2nd class nonsense.