Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default BIG variacs

Karl Townsend wrote:

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 06:12:47 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

I would tie the neutral of each together and to the supply
neutral for safety against imbalance. Otherwise, you have it right.

my 220 welder circuit doesn't have a neutral, so i'll tie this to
ground. Sound good?

Karl

Supply neutral. It doesn't matter if the welder has a neutral or not,
just the supply side.

Maybe my wording is incorrect. I will plug this device into the welder
outlet. It has three wires, two hots and a ground. So, I will be using
the ground as a neutral. probably not code, but should work?

karl

Yes.