Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How do you attach a 3-jaw chuck to a mill's table?

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 13:33:13 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
On Oct 9, 9:40 am, "Paul C. Schiller" wrote:
Hi,

So how do you prefer to attach a plain-back, 6-inch, 3-jaw chuck to
your mill's table with three T-slots?

-I like to make things that I can repeat.

In this case you can align the table, chuck and spindle very easily by
clamping an edge finder in both a mill collet and the chuck and moving
the chuck until the split edges align, or don't catch a fingernail
slid across in either direction. That's how I set my rotary table to
0,0.

It works on a lathe too.

How about drilling and doweling whatever you use as a mounting flange?
Pressfit in the flange, smooth slide into the table.

--
Energy and persistence alter all things.
--Benjamin Franklin