Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Did you know this about The Gas Company?

On 10/9/2012 1:24 PM, wrote:
As I understand it Section 192
is a part of Title 49 of CFR (Code of Federal Regulations).
Looks like the same nanny is in your house too.

I'd be real surprised if that clause residential shutoff is in Title
49 and didn't read the whole list carefully enough to see what else is
in the references but it surely is not obvious w/o more than just that
reference the proscription is really there--wouldn't be first time
somebody has made up something to suit themselves and blamed it on
bureaucracy on the almost certain knowledge they'll never get called on
it.

I've never seen/heard of not shutting off gas if needed being only a
utility function here, certainly...of course, we're on a tap off a major
pipeline(+) not on a municipal distribution system but never heard
anybody in town mention such a thing, either.

(+) Grandfather made it part of condition for the lease/right-of-way
when original line constructed across the homeplace. Back then they
didn't much care; now it might be tough to win on I don't know.