Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two[_2_] Smitty Two[_2_] is offline

Default Did you know this about The Gas Company?

In article
,
" wrote:

On Oct 9, 11:20*am, wrote:
Under the regulations of the California Public Utilities
Commission (CPUC), General Order 112-E, only SoCalGas
is authorized to operate the gas service shut-off valve

See page 10

http://www.socalgas.com/documents/sa...ergy_guide.pdf

Yes, I see where the gas company document says that.
However, I pulled up the actual CPUC General Order 112-E,
which they use as their basis:

http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/PUBLISHED/GE...DER/126869.htm

It's not that long and little of it actually applies to residential
gas systems. And I don't see anything in there that says what the gas
company claims.

Is it unheard of to put another valve on the house side of the meter?
Seems like that would keep everyone happy. I put a valve just before the
line enters the house, but that's about 300 yards from the meter. So, I
can work on stuff inside, but if the line breaks (again) between the
meter and the house, I'd have to go to the gas company owned valve.