Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two[_2_] Smitty Two[_2_] is offline

Default Sawdust containment

In article ,
" wrote:

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 23:18:30 -0400, "
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 04:04:29 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

I occasionally cut plastic extrusions into short lengths on a chop saw.
Since this makes a fairly big mess of plastic sawdust scattered over a
large area, I've done this just outside a rollup door, where I can drag
a table, an extension cord, and an air hose fairly easily.

However, my building manager recently rented my work area out to another
tenant who is storing pallets of material there. I can easily do the job
inside, but the mess would need to be contained to a smaller area.

Any ideas for a breakdown containment system that is inexpensive to
make, sets up and breaks down easily, and can be stored in a small
space? I have one wall to work with, but can't fasten anything to it.

I use one of these. Works well.

Sorry, (damned keyboard).

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/1560...pShop-Saw-Hood

That looks like what I'm looking for, alright. I will study the
literature some. Thanks!