Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default USB to RS232 converter?

William Sommerwerck wrote in message
There are inexpensive adapters, such as the ones made by Plugable. They

will
generally work when you are directly addressing the RS-232 hardware.

Or the other similar I was looking at has active chipset conversion in the
adapter, but always seems to refer to fast serial links useage, I've not
seen specifically as low as 9600.
And whether Prolific or FTDI chipsets, seems to be horses for courses, and
reading around this topic a number of people seem to end up with the wrong
horse.
If it was possible to slow down the USB then just wasted some driver
download time if no connection emerges