Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deck floor in basement?

On Oct 7, 6:45*pm, TheScottman
wrote:
I'm reasonably handy, and want to start finishing off my basement. *One
part of the basement is really off level due to a bad pour of concrete
(not my fault). *I'm thinking the best way to solve the problem is to
build a subfloor or a deck in this area. *The area is approx 6' long x
12' wide. *One of the 12' stretches has almost nothing to secure to
except for maybe 1.5' of concrete wall.

I have levels, hammer drill, saws etc. *I just don't know exactly how to
put the floor together, and then how best to level/secure the floor.

The walls are cinderblock, not solid or poured concrete.

I'm thinking I could by about 4 12' and 2 6' sections of wood (2x4?) and
frame it all out with brackets. *Then level with shims and bolt into the
cinderblock with lag bolts or tapcon screws.

I would love to hear any ideas on this. *I don't think it's an overtly
hard project. *I just need a few pointers.

Thanks!
The Scottman

--
TheScottman

You don't want concrete mix to level the floor, it has srones/
aggregate in it that will not allow you to completely level the
floor. You a mix with only sand and cement. I sure wouldn't use
wood, that is just asking for trouble, as well as losing ceiling
clearance.