Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Things that go "tick" in the night

On Oct 8, 5:22*am, notbob wrote:
I live in the CO Rockies at 8K ft, a rather rural snowbird park, in a
modular/park model home, essentially a perm mobile home, if you will.
I have alum flashing around the underside.

At night I wake to hear this tick,tick,tick. *A sound like someone
randomly tapping on a hard table top with the end of a pen/pencil.
Other times, it's louder, a clicking sound like a kid moving domininos
around the table and clacking them one against another, again a random
pattern. *I only hear this at night, and only occassionally, but more
and more, lately. *It's not in the house, though it sounds like it is.
That's why I think it's under the house. *When I get up and make some
noise, the sound stops. *I'm sure it's some sorta nocturnal animal
taking up residence under the house, but what? *Any ideas? *I've only
seen bunny rabbits and chipmonks around the house during the day. *Any
ideas how to determine what it is and be rid of it? *Traps, etc? *I got
no night cameras.

We once had an infestation of field mice, but they made no noise,
being quiet as a ...well.... mouse! *

nb

--
Definition of objectivism:
"Eff you! *I got mine."http://www.nongmoproject.org/

The radio on a switched extension cord seems like a foolproof way to
tell if it is a mechanical or animal problem.