Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Giant plastic water pipe maker accused of fraud

Some where in that system, ought have been at least one person with a brain
cell, that would have known the system was a disaster. I'm wondering if it
was deliberate sabotage, or if it was negligence, or what? I have a hard
time thinking that competent people would have done something so obviously
wrong.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"micky" wrote in message

Whether made in China or not, the article says "In his first TV
interview, he says his own company cut corners for profit and hid
internal tests allegedly showing some pipe had a high failure rate and
was too weak to meet industry standards....
He says tests had "anywhere from 50 to 80 percent failure rates. ...
When you're at 50-80 percent, you're buying a lottery ticket that's
going with odds in the wrong way....
Hendrix says when the claims came in, he was encouraged to lie.
He says he was told to blame contractor error and say the pipe had
been installed improperly."

If true, none of that would be China's fault, including the "cutting
corners for profit" which started the problem.