Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Deck floor in basement?

TheScottman wrote:

I'm reasonably handy, and want to start finishing off my basement. One
part of the basement is really off level due to a bad pour of concrete
(not my fault). I'm thinking the best way to solve the problem is to
build a subfloor or a deck in this area. The area is approx 6' long x
12' wide. One of the 12' stretches has almost nothing to secure to
except for maybe 1.5' of concrete wall.

*If* you've been there several years, including a really wet one, and
there is never any water problem. . . . [if it has ever been damp,
or you're new there-- search for how to damp proof your basement]

I'd use floor leveler or self-leveling cement - then cover it with
those squares --
Had to look it up
http://www.dricore.com/en/eIndex.aspx

You don't mention if it is a 10' ceiling or 6'1" -- nor do you say if
"really off level" means an inch in 12'- or 3" in 3'. . . . or if it
affects the whole floor, or just a section. All of those variables
would be important to me.

Jim