Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default It's always a puzzle

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 08:22:12 -0500, Swingman wrote:

-MIKE- wrote:
On 10/7/12 1:25 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguari...ream/lightbox/

You missed out... that gave you a great excuse to spring for one of
these... :-) http://www.coastaltool.com/a/makita/btd141z.htm

Yeah ... And It never seems to run out of gas. I've taken to
charging the batteries on both my Makita impact driver and drill
once a month whether they need it or not.

I didn't need to the whole of last winter. The lithiums kept their
charge extremely well. My Ryobi LIons didn't, though. And the old HF
nicads were dead every month. I got $25 for the set, about $4 less
than I paid. g I love Craigslist.

NiCads and, I think, Lithiums don't like to be over-charged. In fact, HF
says not to leave the battery in their (bare-bones) charger more than seven
hours.

The fix for this is to obtain a time-limited switch. I got mine from Amazon
for ten bucks.
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Conserv...ds=power+timer

and set it for six hours.

Plug the charger into this gizmo, insert the battery, and push the button.
So far, my HF batteries have lasted WAY longer than previously.