Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default buying a gas hob from Italy - "gas safe" problems?

In article ,
Tim+ writes:
RobertL wrote:
The hob we want to buy is significantly cheaper (almost 50%) if we buy it
directly from Italy (where it is made) instead of from the UK retailer.

Would there be any problems from the "gas safe" point of view? Is there
perhaps some safety mark required in the UK that would be missing from the italian model?

many thanks for any comments

Robert

Can't think why. If it's fit for the EU it should be okay in the UK. Don't
know whether gas couplings might be different though.

Much (most?) of the EU uses BSP pipe fittings, even if they don't
call them that!

Don't know about Italy, but french stuff is all interchangable.
(Copper pipes are different sizes, but the BSP connections are the
same as here.)

--
Andrew Gabriel