Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting trim work

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 17:30:21 -0400, "Larry Grugan" wrote:

Going to try to explain the cuts. Looked on Google, obviously I'm not using
the correct search terms.

Here's what I have. A couple of cuts each being 30 degrees. I have a
sliding compound miter box. The trim is 4.5" wide, but they need cut long
ways. Like I have to set the end of trim in long ways instead of cross
ways.

Anyone know of a better way to cut these pieces? They're each about 10'
long, so I could use some pointers how not to screw them up.

A circular saw with a guide rail is probably about the safest (outside a table
saw). I'd use my track saw, but...