Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two[_2_] Smitty Two[_2_] is offline

Default Sawdust containment

In article , "Bob F"
wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
I occasionally cut plastic extrusions into short lengths on a chop
saw. Since this makes a fairly big mess of plastic sawdust scattered
over a large area, I've done this just outside a rollup door, where I
can drag a table, an extension cord, and an air hose fairly easily.

However, my building manager recently rented my work area out to
another tenant who is storing pallets of material there. I can easily
do the job inside, but the mess would need to be contained to a
smaller area.

Any ideas for a breakdown containment system that is inexpensive to
make, sets up and breaks down easily, and can be stored in a small
space? I have one wall to work with, but can't fasten anything to it.

Cardboard box cut to contain as much as possible, and vac on the saw gard
outlet. Maybe even a flap of plastic taped to the top of the box to drop over
the top/front before you cut.

Bag on the saw outlet doesn't collect a damn thing, but maybe a vac
would. Worth a try. A giant U-haul wardrobe box might help.