Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
asdfasdf asdfasdf is offline

Default south bend headstock alignment?

I have a 10" South Bend lathe (serial RKL) that I'm
having a problem with. I've used it to turn small
pieces until now. I was making a shaft about 5.25"
long and .75 diameter. I kept checking the diameter
and was satisfied at the tailstock end but found that
headstock end was about .008" larger. I am not
using the tailstock so alignment to the tailstock
is not an issue. I have to assume that the headstock
is not aligned with the bed. Does anyone know the
correct procedure to re-align the headstock with the
bed for the given lathe?