Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Sawdust containment

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
I occasionally cut plastic extrusions into short lengths on a chop saw.
Since this makes a fairly big mess of plastic sawdust scattered over a
large area, I've done this just outside a rollup door, where I can drag
a table, an extension cord, and an air hose fairly easily.

However, my building manager recently rented my work area out to another
tenant who is storing pallets of material there. I can easily do the job
inside, but the mess would need to be contained to a smaller area.

Any ideas for a breakdown containment system that is inexpensive to
make, sets up and breaks down easily, and can be stored in a small
space? I have one wall to work with, but can't fasten anything to it.

Did they block the roll up door totally (are they allowed to do that)? I
would probably roll the door up and set my cutting in the opening when the
wind is NOT blowing in the door and do my cutting there. The dust would
mostly blow away unless the storage is piled real close to the door. At
minimum, using some dust collection, will reduce the heavier particles
allowing the fine dust to naturally dissipate in the air.