Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.mobile,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Bob Masta[_2_] Bob Masta[_2_] is offline

Default Using mobile phone as an internet radio

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 16:02:37 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Phil Hobbs wrote:

I've never had a package stolen, as far as I can recall.

Me, either. It's probably that their postal system won't come to
reasonable terms with the US postal system.

I've never had a package stolen from the USPS, but I *have*
had one stolen from UPS.

Back in 1974 I had some stereo equipment stolen in a
break-in, and ordered a replacement to be sent UPS. The
shipment arrived while I was at work, so they left a note
that they'd try the next day. I called and said I'd pick it
up from their office after I got off work.

It was December, so there was a long line. After an
interminable wait, they said they didn't have the package...
must've gone out for delivery again by mistake. Got home,
no note. Called again and repeated everything the next day.

They finally admitted that they couldn't find the package,
and blamed it on the seasonal help. They eventually paid
for a replacement, after a lot of paperwork.

In all the years since, though, I've never had a problem.
(Of course, I became gun-shy about ordering "good stuff" in
December!)

Best regards,

Bob Masta

DAQARTA v7.10
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter
Frequency Counter, Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI
FREE Signal Generator, DaqMusic generator
Science with your sound card!